Saturday 16 April 2016

Being honest

I feel like now is a good time to become totally honest with myself. Since starting this blog, I've been so lacking in motivation to post regularly it's almost a joke. I've been following the perfect instagram posts, perfectly lit and staged photographed blogs, witty writing and people with the confidence to throw out their own brand into the world with a big 'f' you if you don't like my brand! I'm a strong independent woman!! that it's kind of intimidating to put a little stamp on the internet.
But oh my gosh. I am not that. I feel more like plain jane from the suburbs, who lives in a small unassuming house, with furniture put together from various opshops and handmedowns, sitting on my back porch step as I do every day, sipping coffee and thinking about how I really must finish all the projects I've started, and perhaps vaccuum the house in case any one comes to visit. Why would anyone want to read my blog? I'm not an expert on anything. I shouldn't be the person that offers 'how to's,' and 'diys', because really, I'm just learning myself.
But. Despite this, I really do have many projects on the go. And I really want to share them.
 I often feel as though I have so much creative energy and so much to offer, but they're like wisps that hang around in my periphery. I try to turn and catch them - but they disappear, and I'm left standing with a handful of empty air. Hopefully, with a blog, that creativity might be channeled into something that's more visible. Hopefully, people will read, and relate, and be able to share their projects, and share advice they've gained on their own road to creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment